The company Ambu develops, manufactures and advertises professional, diagnostic and life support equipment, as well as equipment for training hospital staff and rescue services. Their largest areas of operation are respiratory care, cardiology and neurology, where the most important products are respiratory products for artificial ventilation, disposable electrodes for ECG tests and neurophysiological recordings.
Approximately 98% of the group’s products are sold on foreign markets through Ambu’s foreign sales companies or distributors.
Ambu’s five areas of business operations:
- Bags and masks for artificial ventilation.
- Laryngeal masks – reusable and disposable.
- Disposable electrodes for heart rhythm recording – ECG – and for treating cardiac-arrests – defibrillation.
- Disposable electrodes for diagnosing nerve, muscle and brain disorders.
- Manikins for basic and advanced first aid training.
- Includes collars that support the neck and head in case of injuries or decrease the risk of such injuries.